The French Kicks evolve with new album, performance at Howard’s Club H

The French Kicks, a band that has been touring all year, are making a stop at Howard’s Club H on Saturday night.

They have been promoting their new album, “Two Thousand,” and have been performing across the country, either headlining or opening for other bands such as OK Go.

The French Kicks’ front man, Nick Stumpf, has enjoyed playing at Howard’s Club H on previous tours.

“We love playing live,” Stumpf said. “It’s not an easy racket and you have to love it – and we do.”

The French Kicks have been together for eight years and have released three albums, including “Two Thousand.” The band’s interesting sound, which fuses pop rock with mellow undertones, has given them attention from many intrigued fans.

Recording and performing has always been a dream of Stumpf’s.

“We’ve always just wanted to make a living at this,” Stumpf said. “And we are.”

The recording process of “Two Thousand” was a challenge for the band. Original band member Matt Stinchcomb had left the band before recording the album.

The band’s need to evolve and create good music drove them to continue to make the album.

Along with Stumpf, the other band members, Josh Wise, Aaron Thurston, Lawrence Stumpf and Kush El Amin, are very happy with the new album.

Guitarist Josh Wise feels that “Two Thousand” represents the band’s need to stay excited about the music.

“We want to perfect what we’re doing,” Wise said. “We want to evolve.”

The successful bands in music history evolved and grew while remaining true to who they were. No one wants to hear the same songs over again.

As long as they keep changing for the better, The French Kicks will be on their way to music stardom.