Sibs weekend offers plenty of games, activities and fun

Today kicks off Sibs ‘N’ Kids weekend, where University sponsored activities and youngsters will be plentiful. The activities will begin tonight at 6 in the Falcon’s Nest in the Union with free Nintendo Wii games. Following the Wii games students and family can choose to see the musical ‘Into the Woods,’ catch a few tips on astronomy in the planetarium or have their thoughts read by Chris Carter, the Mentalist. All begin at 8 p.m. Saturday is flooded with activities like an outdoor picnic, a foam party, a carnival and free wall climbing. ‘There are a number of events that are brand new and experimental,’ Denny Bubrig, Sibs and Kids faculty advisor, said. ‘For example, the foam party is new this year. We want to reach out to a broader age range.’ Other new events tomorrow include a free movie on the 50 yardline at Doyt Perry Stadium and a carnival with artists, food and an inflatable playground, Bubrig said. The weekend will conclude with a brunch in Commons Dining Center, church services and arts and crafts for charity. This year, 32 organizations are participating in Sibs ‘N’ Kids weekend, Adrianne Klopfenstein, University Activities Organization’s Sibs ‘N’ Kids weekend co-coordinator, said. After months of planning Klopfenstein said she is excited to see it all come together and see the kids enjoy it. Other participants share the same excitement as Klopfenstein. ‘It is a great opportunity to invite friends and family into the lives of students,’ Jenn Karno, H20 president, said. ‘I am just really excited to see the kids interact with the students and organizations,’ Shelly Willgren, University Activities Organization’s Sibs ‘N’ Kids weekend co-coordinator, said. As of Wednesday there were 243 siblings registered, but Klopfenstein said they are expecting many more. In order to register a sibling a liability form must be filled out. The forms are available on the University’s Office of Campus Activities Web site. For more information on Sibs ‘N’ Kids weekend call the Union information desk.