College night life and drink specials highlighted on Web site

When students look for something to do on any given weekend in Bowling Green, BGscene.com is their guide.

BGscene.com is a Web site that is categorized into various types of activities for the downtown scene and includes a GUIDE to restaurants, bars and their drink specials, movie times, banks and hotels. It even offers different kinds of drink recipes and e-cards to send to family and friends.

‘It’s an informative site that’s appealing to Bowling Green’s college nightlife,’ said Matt Petrella, an upcoming junior.

Petrella, who frequents the site, added he enjoyed looking over the drink specials. The specials, which are organized to coincide with each day of the week, are given a nickname for each day such as ‘Margarita Mondays’ or ‘Sloppy Saturdays.’

Sierra Furst, an upcoming junior, enjoys the site because it is informative and provides a new look in categorization.

‘It’s a fresh way to categorize all of the things to do around the university,’ Furst said. ‘I just like the overall setup of the site. It’s not too flashy and it gets the job done.’

Scott Yoder, an upcoming senior, enjoys that the site is a free service but feels it has one major drawback.

‘The Web site does seem to have a few more advertisements than your typical site and can become annoying but it is a free service, therefore, any argument seems rather pointless,’ Yoder said.