Let your voice be heard through your student-run newspaper

Few moments rival the experience of going away to college, so choosing the right fit is vital for survival.

In all honesty, BGSU was the last school on my list. It was too close to home, too much of a party school and, of course, too full of STDs for my taste over three years ago.

But what my ignorant mind failed to initially consider were actual facts.

Students create their own college careers.

BGSU is the perfect mid-sized University with no shortage of options. If you want smaller classes, you got it. If you’d rather mingle with hundreds in a lecture hall, sign yourself up. Pick a major that’s already been done or create your own.

Freedom of choice is the biggest perk of being in college, so congrats to all of you for already choosing a great university.

This is where The BG News also fits nicely into the equation: we’re here for you.

Over 100 students are working to cater to your needs, concerns, wants and, sometimes, outlandish requests.

We’re here to ask the tough questions so you don’t have to. We’re keeping the University and administration accountable for what matters most to you, especially in a time when the economy is emptying everyone’s pockets.

So here’s another choice for you: decide what you’d like to know more about and let us know.

We’re a newspaper run by students for students. Fill us in on how we can better serve you because The BG News is, in fact, your paper.