Music festivals emerging around Ohio

When looking at the current live music scene around the United States and around the world, it is clear that music festivals are now main stream and becoming more popular each year. Looking at festivals such as Lollapalooza, Coachella, Bonnaroo, etc., these events provide music of all genres and bring together a wide variety of listeners from all backgrounds. Music festivals are growing, and Ohio is adapting quickly.

Ohio is quickly emerging into the music scene by offering various festivals around the state, year-round, despite the questionable weather. There is festivals for all listeners as well. If you are into indie music, look into Brite Winter Festival in Cleveland, Ohio which is scheduled for Feb. 24, 2018. If you are into more mainstream EDM and Rap another festival to check out would be the annual Number Fest in Athens, Ohio which is typically mid-April and past lineups have included Diplo, Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa, G-Eazy and more. During the summer, Ohio offers a variety of festivals of different genres as well, there’s Bunburry in Cincinnati which offers all genres, and was headlined by Muse last year. Jamboree in the Hills is a bigger country festival as well as Country Jam, which brings out big country stars each year. 

Even though Ohio has some big festivals which bring a variety of artists and bands to the state, they are still looking to grow, especially with electronic music. Recently, Cleveland introduced two new festivals which brought big name DJs to the city. In the past two months, Cleveland has hosted Tanz Summerfest which was a two-fest headlined by Zedd and Nicky Romero. Also the most recent, Halloween themed festival, Nightmare on West 6th St. which was headlined by Steve Aoki and T-Pain. Both these festivals showed good ticket sales and a promising future with hopes to make these annual events, with bigger lineups. 

Even though winter is approaching and music festivals around the area are mainly done for the year, its never too early to start looking into festivals for next year. As winter emerges, festivals begin to release lineups and ticket sales for summer festivals. With these announcements around the corner, I suggest looking into festivals for 2018 and get your tickets early to save some money!