HalloWednesdays back at Liquid

The iNation at Liquid Bar in downtown Bowling Green will be hosting “HalloWednesdays” every Wednesday night of October starting at 9 p.m. and going until the bar closes. iNation is a Wednesday night tradition that has been going on at Liquid Bar for over 14 years.

According to Liquid’s website, “The iNation is Ohio’s #1 goth/industrial/underground/alternative night.” It is also Ohio’s longest running underground night club. The dress code for the night includes black clothing, funeral wear, punk, cyber, steampunk, goth, rave and alternative fashion. Those who are over 21 and participate in the dress code will get in for free, while those who are 18 and older will have to pay a charge of $4. Without proper dress code attire, there is a $15 charge at the door.

The first HalloWednesday is on Wednesday, Oct. 4. The theme for that night is Death Masquerade Ball. Guests can choose to dress up with ball gowns and masks or dress down and follow the regular iNation dress code. The rules to get in are the same as other iNation nights. According to the Death Masquerade Facebook page, this Wednesday the DJs  featured will be Darks Choir, Audio Flesh, Havok and Widget. Attendees can get their picture taken in their costumes for free from 9 p.m. until midnight.

The following Wednesday, Oct. 11, the theme will be Zombie Outbreak. Participants are instructed to dress in zombie attire.

The next week’s theme is Angels and Demons.         The event includes a release party for the book “Twenty-One” by D. Victoria BonAnno. According to the event’s Facebook page, “‘Twenty-One’ is a dark thriller, inspired by The iNation itself.” Due to this special event, the evening will begin early at 8 p.m. Guests will be able to hear excerpts from the author herself, take photos in the photo booth and participate in a raffle.

The final theme will be Future Machine Halloween. Costumes for this week are to be cyber punk-inspired, as the night will have a futuristic element. Participants can compete in a costume contest to win prizes. This final night will also start at 8 p.m.

For more information on HalloWednesdays, check out the iNation Twitter page at twitter.com/theination or visit their Facebook page at facebook.com/inationBG.