Sounds of the Stadium

BGSU band playing on the football field at half time. 

Laura Sandlin, Reporter

For over two decades, Bowling Green State University has hosted “Sounds of the Stadium.” This event featured music from the Falcon Marching Band under the direction of Jon Waters at the Stroh Center on Nov. 13 at 3 p.m.  

The performance highlighted music from this year’s halftime shows, along with classic falcon favorites. Tickets were $8 a person, however, BGSU students were free with ID at the door. 

The program began with the song “Forward Falcons” which can be recognized as the classic introduction song played at every half-time show during football season. Following was the Star-Spangled Banner, and then a song based on themes from “Frontiers”.  

In addition to all the traditional favorites (Aye Ziggy Zoomba, BG Warriors, and more.) the band played highlights from all of the season half-time shows. Included were Top Gun, Hollywood blockbusters, Space Music, Karaoke, and the music of Queen, Bruce Moss, director of band activities and conducting at BGSU said. 

“Sounds of the Stadium” has been a reoccurring event at Bowling Green since 1995. This event gives students and anyone who is interested in the band the ability to perform and show off their hard work throughout the course of the football season. 

A special feature from the drumline was presented led by Blaine Hudak. “The best part of the performance, besides the music, was the visceral excitement that was created by the students.  They are one of the largest and most spirited organizations on campus,” Moss said. 

“Sounds of the Stadium” will return next year for another performance at the end of the 2023 Fall season.