Yung Gravy performs near Bowling Green

Photo courtesy of University of Findlay Student Government Association

Makenna Flores, Managing Editor

The University of Findlay’s Student Government Association is hosting Yung Gravy at their 2023 Oiler Music Festival

Yung Gravy (Matthew Hauri) gained popularity since his 2017 song “Mr. Clean” went Platinum. His music, which samples older pop, soul and oldies songs with a combination of modern trap music, trends frequently on social media apps like TikTok. 

The rapper has recently performed at colleges like Penn State, University at Buffalo and Kent State’s Homecoming Concert in the fall of 2022. 

Ashlyn Coleman, the President of University of Findlay’s Student Government Association, said she sought out Yung Gravy because she had seen clips from concerts at colleges and he had a “fun energy and a memory making atmosphere.”

Coleman notes the reaction to Yung Gravy has been very positive. 

“I am most excited about bringing our students and community together to create a fun memory. Bringing something back so big for all students and the community to enjoy is something so important and special to me,” she said. 

The event will take place on March 25 at 7 p.m. at the Koehler Recreation Complex and is open to the public. Doors will open at 6 p.m. Tickets for the general public are $40, while tickets for students, faculty and staff of the University of Findlay (UF) are $10. Day of tickets will be $25 for UF students, faculty and staff, and $55 for the general public. 

For ticket purchasing or more information, visit www.mcpa.org