BGSU Football Recruiting – Class of 2024

Buffalo avenges loss from last year, blows out BGSU 38-7

With the 2023 CFB season slowly get started, the Class of 2024 is starting to announce where they’re planning on spending the next four-ish years of their football careers.

Here’s who’s set on suiting up in orange and brown ahead of National Signing Day on February 7, 2024:

Steven Jenkins Jr., DB, Pittsburgh, PA

The Woodland Hills HS product was the first commit of this cycle, announcing he planned on attending BG back on June 11. According to Jenkins’ Twitter, he recorded three interceptions, 30 tackles, five pass breakups. Oh, and he also only allowed four completions while in coverage.

Other offers: UNLV, Maine

Jaylin Ballew, TE, Queens, NY

On the same day as Jenkins, Ballew recruit evened out the offensive/defensive split. Rivals.com has the 6-3, 210-pound Erasmus Hall product listed as a three-star recruit.

Other offers: Miami (FL), Ole Miss, Rutgers, Tennessee, UCONN, Jackson State, Texas A&M

Elijah Bernard-Blue, DB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

A versatile player in the secondary, Bernard-Blue played both cornerback and safety during his time at Fort Lauderdale HS.

Other offers: Bethune-Cookman, FIU

Dorian Pringle, LB, Massillon, OH

The first 2024 in-state pickup for Coach Loeffler and crew, Pringle spent last season with Massillon Washington HS after transferring in from Copley HS, where he spent the 2020 and 2021 seasons. The rising senior earned All-Ohio honors last season and was ranked as a top 20 recruit in the Akron-Canton area.

Other offers: Duquesne, Eastern Michigan, Montana State, Temple, Kent State, Fordham

TJ Nelson, DB, Cincinnati, OH

247Sports.com has the Anderson HS product listed as an athlete, Rivals.com as him listed as a pro-style quarterback, but Nelson is coming to Bowling Green to play in the defensive backfield. He also played tight end and defensive end in high school, but his frame is much better suited for DB.

Other offers: CMU, Kent State, Toledo

Winn Sharp, WR, Whitehouse, OH

A two-star recruit according to both Rivals.com and 247Sports, Sharp has played receiver, cornerback, and returner for the Anthony Wayne Generals, but will be joining the BGSU wide receiver room for the 2024 season. Listed at 6-4, Sharp can become a nice redzone threat for the Falcons down the line, especially with his route running ability and his catch radius.

Other offers: Bucknell, Colgate, Illinois State, Indiana State, Navy, SEMO, Valparaiso

D’kyah Banks, DB, Loganville, GA

Listed at 6-6, 170, the tall and wiry Banks will be the third tallest player on the team as soon as he walks on campus. He’s coming to Bowling Green to play DB but has spent most of his high school career as an outside linebacker, possibly giving him an edge on physicality and tackling that most DBs don’t have.

Other Offers: N/A

Austin Clay, WR, Cleveland, OH

The 6-1 wideout from Berea-Midpark is on the shorter end of the spectrum for a receiver, but what he lacks in height he makes up for in quickness. Last season Clay was playing in the slot, on the boundary, put in motion, you name it, he’s done it. He has the potential to be similar to what Ta’Ron Keith is now, that being a gadget player who can line up out wide, in the backfield, and be used as a returner with coaching.

Other offers: Akron, Ball State, UPenn, Fordham, UMass, Navy

Alex Harris, OT, Cleveland, OH

For being listed as 6-4, 295, Harris moves quick. Effective as a pulling tackle, he can get outside the numbers or up to the second level of a defense quickly. While his technique can use some refining (footwork issues and losing leverage by standing upright), Harris is a mauler with a lot of fire, blocking until the whistle 99% of the time.

Other offers: Toledo, Miami (OH), Marshall, Kent State, Buffalo, Boston College, Ball State, Akron

Markel Porter, RB, Lancaster, TX

Porter is entering his first full season with Lancaster HS after spending the last three years at Texas powerhouse Duncanville. The 6-1, 215-pound running back is not the fastest or biggest guy on the field, but he possesses a combination of strength, balance, and vision that makes him tough to bring down in a different way.

Other offers: Toledo, Texas State, Grambling State, Purdue

Elijah Parker, S, Roseville, MI

Given a two-star rating by Rivals, Parker is a hard hitter from his spot somewhere between the safety and linebacker positions. He moves downhill with speed and efficiency and always seems to know where the ball is. His quickness is useful in coverage as well, flying to wherever the ball is heading to try and make a play. Where he plays also makes him effective when rushing the passer, allowing him to get a full head of steam by the time he crosses the line of scrimmage.

Other offers: Central Michigan, Marshall, Western Michigan, Miami (OH)