Terry stars again for BG, defeat Evansville 4-2 on Senior Night.

Jack Walsh

On Senior Night, Bowling Green, (4-3-2), (1-1-0) welcomed Evansville, (3-4-2), (1-1-0) for match number 10 of the season.

Josh Erlandson, Daniel Cerezo, Nathan Masters, and Eli Shope were all honored during a pregame ceremony.

The Falcons would come out the gates firing, with Eli Shope getting on the board first in the 12’ off a great play from sophomore forward Trace Terry, giving Shope his goal on senior night.

Just a few minutes later, Terry would get a goal of his own in the 15’ with a rocket from long-range.

BG would go up 2-0 heading into halftime, which would be their largest lead of the season going into the second half.

Terry would add a third for the Orange and Brown, in the 57’ off a corner-kick from Alberto Anaya, heading home his second goal of the night.

Evansville would get on the board just seconds later, with forward Kai Phillip getting his seventh goal of the season to put the Purple Aces on the board.

The Falcons would restore their three-goal cushion in the 64’ with sophomore midfielder Andrew Shaffer getting his third goal of the season, curling a beautiful shot in the top corner to make it 4-1 Bowling Green.

Exactly 36 seconds later, the Purple Aces would score again, Nacho Diaz-Caneja would get the second goal of the evening for Evansville.

An action-packed match saw a total of 33 shots on the night, with Evansville outshooting the Falcons 18-15, with 11 on target for the Purple Aces and six on target for BG.

Senior goal-keeper Brendan Graves was called upon to make nine saves on the night, including three in the final five minutes of the match.

Terry is in the best form of his collegiate career, in his past two games he now has four goals and an assist, leading the team in goals and assists with four each.

The Falcons won’t return to Cochrane for 18 days and will have a crucial three-game road stand coming up in search of their first road win of the season.

Bowling Green will start their road trip with a visit to the Motor City on Tuesday, October 3rd, to take on Detriot Mercy. Kick-off is set for 7 p.m. 

For more information related to the team, follow us on X at @bg_fmsn.