BGSU men’s soccer reveals 2024 College Spring League schedule

Keira Ellenberger
The team celebrating after Bennett Painter’s (#12) goal.

The Falcons have revealed their 2024 College Spring League (CSL) schedule.

Bowling Green will compete in the South Divison and play five matches against Michigan, Akron, Dayton, Michigan State and a fifth opponent that will be announced at a later date. The last match will be played at Historic Crew Stadium in Columbus.

Here’s the full schedule:

Game One |
Michigan
Wednesday, Feb. 21
Ann, Arbor
9:30 p.m.

Game Two |
Akron
Friday, March 22
Cochrane Stadium
7 p.m.

Game Three |
Dayton
Saturday, March 30
Dayton, Ohio
2 p.m.

Game Four |
Michigan State
Saturday, April 6th
Cochrane Stadium
2 p.m.

Game Five |
TBA
Saturday, April 13th
Columbus, Ohio
TBA

The fifth match will be against an opponent competing in the North Division, which is comprised of Ohio State, Butler, Marshall, Xavier and the defending CSL champions, Louisville.

BGSU men’s soccer head coach Eric Nichols looks forward to the competition, along with competing against some of the country’s best programs in the CSL, which was founded in 2019 and continues to grow and evolve.

“This [CSL] has expanded to 10 teams and is more competitive than ever,” said Nichols. “These are not typical spring exhibition matches. These teams are playing to win that trophy, so these games will give us a chance to see how we handle competitive games against some of the best teams in the nation.”

The two teams who finish first in the North and South Divison will face each other for the CSL title in Columbus. There will also be third-place, fifth-place, seventh-place and ninth-place matches that will all take place at Historic Crew Stadium on April 13.