Bowling Green’s Marcus Hill named MAC Co-Player of the Week, his second honor this season

Drake Harlett
Marcus Hill looking for an open man

Bowling Green men’s basketball (14-4, 5-1 MAC) junior guard Marcus Hill was named Mid-American Conference (MAC) Co-Player of the Week on Monday afternoon.   

The nod marks the second time Hill, who shared the honor with Akron’s Enrique Freeman, has received the recognition. Hill was previously named MAC Player of the Week on Nov. 27.  

It is the second week in a row a Falcon has been recognized, following senior forward Rashaun Agee sharing the award with Freeman last week.  

The Rockford, Illinois, led the Falcons to wins over Miami (OH) and Western Michigan this past week, pacing the Orange and Brown in scoring in both contests.   

Hill tallied 23 points, five rebounds and three assists in 38 minutes against Miami on Tuesday. He made two clutch layups down the stretch to secure the win against the RedHawks.  

Hill followed up with his first double-double of the season against the Broncos on Saturday, finishing with 28 points and a career-high 11 rebounds, including a season-high five offensive rebounds. He drained six straight free throws late in the game to help secure the win against WMU.  

Hill has scored at least 20 points in three straight games, accomplishing the feat  

After leading the National Junior College Athletic Association with 780 points scored last season, Hill ranks second in the MAC with 20.7 points per game and leads the conference with 96 free throws made in his first season at Bowling Green.  

The Falcons, who have won four straight games, 12 of their past 13 contests, and seven consecutive games at home, will welcome Kent State (9-9, 2-4 MAC), the reigning MAC Tournament champions, into the Stroh Center on Tuesday, Jan. 23. Falcon Media Sports Network’s Rhys Patrykus and Chas McNeil will have the call on Falcon Radio at 6:45 for pregame and 7 p.m. for tip-off.