Bowling Green’s Marcus Hill named MAC Player of the Week

Drake Harlett

Bowling Green men’s basketball junior guard Marcus Hill was named Mid-American Conference (MAC) Player of the Week on Monday afternoon.  

Hill, who led the National Junior College Athletic Association in points scored last season at Southern Union State Community College, is the first Falcon named MAC Player of the Week since Daeqwon Plowden on Feb. 15, 2021.  

The Rockford, Illinois, native led the Orange and Brown in scoring in each of their three games in the Northern Classic, held in Montreal, Canada, from Nov. 24 to Nov. 26.   

Hill scored 29 points against Western Kentucky, a season-high 33 against Lipscomb and 26 against Canisius. He has also led the Falcons in assists the past two games, tallying a season-high five assists against the Bisons and four assists against the Golden Griffins.  

Over the three-game stretch in Canada, Hill averaged 29.3 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game, shooting 60.3% (35-58) from the field and 50% (3-6) from beyond the arc.  

This season, Hill leads BG in points per game (20.3), assists per game (3.0) and minutes per game (32.0). He ranks third in the MAC in points per game, sixth in minutes per game and ninth in assists per game.  

Next up, Hill and the Falcons will head to Evansville, Indiana, for a matchup against the Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles on Saturday, Dec. 2, with tipoff set for 4 p.m.