Dave’s Cosmic Subs to close in weeks

Dave’s Cosmic Subs, a downtown sandwich restaurant, will be closing in 19 days due to lack of income in the past year.

“We have very dedicated customers and have never heard any complaints from them, but we just don’t have enough to stay in business anymore,” said Tom Mather, one of the owners.

The business started to see a decline in the past couple of months because of unknown reasons, Mather said.

They tried to save their business using social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook to promote.

“We even tried doing multiple specials and discounts for our customers,” Mather said. “We really have tried everything and don’t know why nothing has worked.”

The business has been at the location on Wooster Street next to Vito’s Pizza for the past couple years, but has been under Mather’s ownership for the past year.

Although there are multiple other locations in the Cleveland area, the staff has no plans to transfer to any of them.

“There are no plans of that now,” Mather said. “It’s sad we are closing but these things happen and we will miss our customers.”