Bowling Green’s Mike Frank earns Pitcher of the Week

Bowling Green’s pitcher Mike Frank earned Mid American Conference East Pitcher of the Week after his performance against Northern Illinois. This is the second time this season that the Falcons have earned this honor. Along with Frank, Brett Fitzwater and Chris Miller earned co-Pitchers of the Week when they threw a combined no-hitter against Bucknell.

Frank pitched the Falcons out of their five game losing streak by throwing seven innings and allowing one unearned run. The senior waved three Huskies and allowed just one hit during his dominant performance.

While Frank earned his first win of the season, he also moved up in the Bowling Green record books.

Currently, Frank stands third all-time for innings pitched in a career with 260.2, behind Kyle Knoblauch who is in second with 274.1 innings pitched. Kip Young stands in first with 295 innings pitched, which could soon be passed by Frank.

Along with innings pitched, Frank also moved into seventh this weekend for all-time strikeouts with 181 for his career. With 21 punch-outs already this season, Frank is just 18 away from entering top three all-time in strikeouts for a career in Bowling Green history.