Falcon baseball player named Mid-American Conference Male Scholar Athlete of the Week

Bowling Green Senior catcher T.J. Losby was named Mid-American Conference Male Scholar Athlete of the Week. The accounting major currently holds a 3.242 grade point average at the University.

Through 28 games so far this season, Losby is batting .323 with 16 runs batted in. Losby led the Falcons this past weekend against Western Michigan where he went 8-12 with a team-high four runs batted in. On Sunday’s double-header in the second game, Losby tied his carrier-high in hits by going 5-5.

While the Falcons took two of three games from the Broncos this past weekend, Losby continued his hot streak on Tuesday against Toledo. The Bryan native went 3-4 with two runs batted in and a run scored in a come-from-behind victory.

Over Losby’s past four games, he has 11 hits and is now tied for third on the team in batting average. Over the past two seasons, Losby has accumulated impressive averages of .319, and .327 over his sophomore and junior seasons.

After Losby’s impressive 2013 season, he was named first team All-MAC catcher. Losby was also voted second team All-Mideast Region catcher by the American Baseball Coaches Association. While appearing in all of the Falcons 55 games, he led the squad with a team-high 39 runs batted in and tied the team with six home runs.

Losby also let his presence be known behind the dish in 2013 where he threw out 43-percent (21-49) of all attempted base stealers.