Marathon to help raise money for Cocoon Shelter, build awareness of domestic violence

The Glass City Marathon is Sunday, April 27 and starts at 7 a.m.

Runners and participants will start and end the events at The University of Toledo.

Students, faculty and staff at the University are involved in the events and some people are going to support the Cocoon Shelter in Bowling Green.

The Cocoon Shelter exists to provide safety, healing and justice for battered women and their children.

Events involved in the Glass City Marathon are a 5k, marathon relay and marathon.

Executive Director of The Cocoon Shelter Michelle Clossick ran the event last year.

Clossick said they collectively raised over $7,000 to date and their support enables victims to have support and resources at times of greatest need.

Supporters can go to www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/BGSUWGSS/glasscitymarathon for more information.

“I think that each runner has their own story, passion and commitment,” Clossick said. “Cocoon supporters will be at the GCM cheering for those strong and brave people who have pushed and trained so hard.”