Media Review: “That Awkward Moment”

Grade: A-

“That Awkward Moment” is a film of three friends falling in and out of love, and being extremely hilarious while doing so.

This film is about three best friends reconnecting, while also learning about who they really are in the process. The movie contains an extremely charming cast containing people such as Zac Efron, Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan and many more talented actors. All of their personalities click perfectly and you just get a strong sense of connection through the cast as people watch the film.

The movie begins with one of the friends getting divorced after learning his wife had been cheating on him. This left his other two friends wanting to help him get his confidence back, so they try to get him to find a new woman to get his mind off of his problems.

They even state they will start playing the field with him like the old days so he won’t be alone. That quickly changes once the other two start falling in love unexpectedly. One of them even finds out that he has fallen in love with his best girl friend who has had feelings for him as well. Soon they end up taking their relationship to the next level and start dating.

The twist, though, is his new girlfriend thinks he told his friends they are dating while in fact he did not. This leads to countless scenarios of him hiding his new relationship from his friends so he won’t be considered “out of the game.” It is just one of many great parts that makes this movie an overall success.

With extremely funny bonding moments of these three friends starting to live their lives to the fullest again, to the sappy falling in love and romance scenes, just about anyone can find something to enjoy in this film. Their characters have such different and strong personalities that an audience member can’t help but click with them in one way or another.

Also with great shots of New York and seeing all of the city life and scenery, it makes the viewer feel as if they are really there as well. All in all, this is a must see for the beginning of the new year, and will leave people wanting more.