Perrsyburg band rocks Live and Loud

Claire Sant
Perrysburg band Milk on the Rocks performs for a Live and Loud Show in the Stanton Audio Recording Studio inside the Kuhlin Center.

BG Falcon Media started the year off on the right note, hosting the first “Live and Loud” of the calendar year.

The Music Industry Club and BG Falcon Media partner together to host several local and upcoming bands every semester in the Stanton Audio Recording Studio inside the Michael and Sara Kuhlin Center.

Milk on the Rocks, an indie-rock band from Perrysburg, recorded and performed three of their original songs Sunday afternoon.

Kyler Hiser, Brennan Hiser and Jake Tinney jumpstarted the band three years ago, coming up with a unique name.

“We made the band during COVID when we were really bored and we needed a name,” Brennan Hiser said. “I was just in my kitchen with Kyler and my dad, and I was like ‘What if we made it Milk on the Rocks?’”

Since then, the band played at downtown Bowling Green venues such as the Clazel Theater, Howard’s and Grumpy Dave’s.

While they’ve played many venues, their favorite isn’t exactly downtown.

“We had a show at my house in November. We were expecting 30 or 40 people, and we had 80 people in my house,” said Tinney. “The floorboards were bouncing, and we thought it was going to cave in.”

The band released a new EP titled “Pick Ur Damn Hero” Jan. 27, and has generated more than 500 plays in just three days. The band’s music is also available on all major streaming platforms and the latest news, including show dates, are shared on social media (Instagram: @milkontherocksband).

The band’s Sunday performance will soon be featured on BG Falcon Media’s YouTube page next week. Live and Loud will continue with the band Gut Feeling this Sunday.