Cardinals’ Becki given Women’s Basketball Player of the Week honors

Ally Becki

Ally Becki

Ball State’s true freshman guard, Ally Becki, was named the Mid-American Conference women’s basketball player of the week. Becki helped the Cardinals (14-7 overall, 7-4 in the conference) improve to a five-game win streak with wins over Ohio and Bowling Green, averaging 21.0 points on 53% shooting from the field.

Becki’ week got started with a career best performance against the Bobcats (5-5), where she went for 27 points and made seven threes. She also grabbed 6 rebounds, dished out 8 assists, and added a pair of steals for good measure.

Ball State’s next game was against a Bowling Green (6-5) team looking to finally get a few games over .500. Becki had other plans however as she dropped 21 points on the Falcons. 13 of those points were scored in the first half alone. She was also one rebound and one assist shy of a triple double, with 9 in each category.

Ally Becki was the popular choice to be named women’s basketball player of the week. During the week, she averaged 21.0 points, with 7.5 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2.5 steals. She did this very efficiently with a 53% field goal percentage, also shooting 48% from beyond the arc.

Games to look forward to this weekend:

Saturday

Central Michigan (2-11) at Miami (3-9)

Ball State at Kent State (6-6)

Akron (7-5) at Eastern Michigan (2-10)

Western Michigan (6-6) at Ohio

Buffalo (10-3) at Northern Illinois (6-7)

Bowling Green at Toledo (12-1)