Seniors go ‘wild’ with free events and goodwill

The school year is coming to a close and the seniors are preparing to end it with a bang with the help of the Senior Celebration. The Senior Celebration was created to welcome graduating seniors and give them a smooth transition into the BGSU Alumni Association while raising money for the senior class. ‘The Senior Celebration is a program designed to unite and celebrate the senior class, while at the same time helping to promote the idea of giving back to the University,’ said Senior Celebration committee member Terrence Streetman. In the past years the Senior Celebration usually held football, hockey and basketball tailgate parties for seniors, a senior barbecue and they gave away prizes, BGSU paraphernalia and gift cards at the events. Upcoming events for the seniors are ‘Senior Night’ at the Cla-Zel/Club Encore tonight from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. that will include music, hors d’oeuvres and giveaways. Saturday at 2:30 p.m. there will be a senior tailgate for the spring football game and ending the year is the Beyond BG event. This year’s Beyond BG theme is Z009 (Zoo thousand nine) and will have a zoo theme. Seniors are encouraged to attend this free event where there will be refreshments, snacks, inflatables, games and lots of free giveaways. At the end of the night the top ten outstanding seniors will be announced and so will the total amount of the money raised. ‘The class has raised nearly $5,000 just this semester,’ said Alumni Office Assistant Director Kelli Daniels. Senior Committee member Katrina Caldwell said that in the past the senior class will usually give a gift to the University like a bench or a tree, but this year the senior celebration decided to do something new. This year the money raised will be given to The Sustaining Tomorrow’s Scholars Program, a new scholarship fund at the University. With scholarships being cut and others decreased in funding, the senior committee thought the best way to contribute was to help other undergraduate students finance their college education. Students can still make donations online through the bgsualumni.com/senior website on the ‘Make a Gift Now’ page or with pledge cards given at the senior events. Anyone can donate and the donations can be in any amount. Pledges can be paid in installments and can be paid with cash, credit or check. There are also three options for donations. You can donate to the Sustaining Tomorrow’s Scholars Program, donate to the Falcon Club Burke Badenhop Challenge or donate to any pre-existing scholarship program as the recipient of their donation. ‘This year we are looking for more participation than just a couple big donations,’ Caldwell said. ‘