Business donates to local nonprofits

A local boutique is donating a portion of their profits to a non-profit organization.

Eden Boutique in downtown Bowling Green is dedicating the second Wednesday of each month until October to give back a piece of their profits to a non-profit organization in the area. The day is known as “Eden Gives.” Kati Thompson, owner of Eden Boutique, began “Eden Gives” in January.

“I knew from the start of opening the business that our purpose will be to give back,” Thompson said. “We just really want to be positive within our community. We want to give back and it was on our hearts from the beginning,”

Thompson and her staff chose non-profit organizations based on their personal connections to them.

The boutique donated 10 percent of their profits from Feb. 8 to Champions in Action.

“Champions in Action is a Christian nonprofit organization and ministry in Guatemala that connects disadvantaged youth to life-changing mentors through soccer,” Champions in Action founder Jonathan Jakubowski said.

The funds from Eden will support their soccer camps, soccer league, mentorship academy and soccer academy.

Last month, Eden Boutique also donated to Project Hope, an organization that does horse therapy. The non-profit for March is Kids Count Too, which is a foster care and adoption agency. In April, Eden will donate to the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation. In May, Eden will donate to Her Choice, a center where women can get free pregnancy tests and ultrasounds.

In addition to each organization’s Wednesday in their respective month from January to May, Eden Boutique will donate to Project Hope, Champions in Action, Kids Count Too, Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation and Her Choice again on the second Wednesday from June to October. So, each organization will have two Wednesdays of donations throughout the year.

These non-profits are important to Thompson because she and her husband are foster parents, and these organizations will help benefit their foster children and other people in the community.

While Eden Boutique just opened in August of last year, Thompson wanted to start giving back right away.

“We did not want to wait to do what we are passionate about,” she said.

The public can help by specifically shopping on the second Wednesday of each month.

“We want people to come in and shop on this specific day, so they are not only supporting a local business, but also a non-profit organization,” Thompson said.

Eden Boutique is located at 186 S. Main St.