Obituary: Patrick De Luca

De Luca
De Luca

Patrick Xavier De Luca, 20, of Bradner, Ohio passed away unexpectedly Oct. 26, 2017. Patrick was born on Dec. 19, 1996 to Peter De Luca and Kathy (Whitacre) in Toledo, Ohio.

Patrick is survived by his parents: Peter De Luca of Crystal Lake, Illinois and Kathy (Charles) Wojcicki of Bradner, Ohio; sister: Callen De Luca and her fiancé Gregory Hoffman of Bradner, Ohio; Grandparents: Jack & Betty Whitacre of Bowling Green, Ohio; aunts & uncles: Keith (Amy) Whitacre of Perrysburg, Ohio, Greg (Lisa) Whitacre of Pemberville, Ohio, Cheryl McCarthy of Bellevue, Ohio, Enrico (Linda) De Luca of Melbourne Beach, Florida, Charles (Joyce) De Luca of Bellevue, Ohio, Charles (Karen) Sherck of Colorado Springs, Colorado, David (Pam) De Luca of San Diego, California; cousins: Maggie Whitacre of Nashville, Tennessee, Mollie Whitacre of Athens, Ohio, Tracy (Candace) De Luca of Hilliard, Ohio, Jeremy De Luca of Melbourne Beach, Florida,  Krista (George) Baraket  of West Melbourne, Florida, Courtney (Daniel) Kiely of Reno, Nevada, Kayla  (Michael) Robles of Arvada, Colorado, Charles Sherck of Orlando, Florida, Dr. Benjamin DeLuca of San Diego, California, and Eric DeLuca of  San Diego, California. Patrick was preceded in death by his maternal great-grandparents: Wayne & Dortha Whitacre of Bowling Green, Ohio and his paternal grandparents Enrico & Patricia De Luca of Bellevue, Ohio.

Patrick was a 2015 graduate of Bowling Green High School and was a junior at Bowling Green State University majoring in psychology. Patrick played trumpet in the Bowling Green High School Marching and Concert Band. He was also a member of the Jazz Band. He loved to play all types of board games, video games, and card games where he was known as a very skilled card player. Patrick loved to read all types of books, loved to write, loved all animals, loved drama and improv, all types of music, and especially loved to debate with others about a variety of topics. Although Patrick had a seizure disorder, he didn’t let it limit him and fought for his independence.

Visitation for Patrick will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017 from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. with a vigil service at 7:30 p.m. in the Deck-Hanneman Funeral Home and Crematory (1460 W. Wooster St./P.O. Box 648, Bowling Green, Ohio. Tele: 419-352-2171).

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in the St. Aloysius Catholic Church (150 S. Enterprise Street, Bowling Green, Ohio). Interment will immediately follow in St. Louis Cemetery.

Memorial Contributions in Patrick’s honor may be gifted to the Patrick X. De Luca Memorial Fund at BGSU Foundation.

Hanneman Family Funeral Homes is honored to serve Patrick’s family and encourage those to share a fond memory or condolence by visiting their website.