Don’t pass on “FIFA 18”

I am a huge soccer fan. I have three favorite soccer teams; they are FC Cincinnati, Barcelona and Liverpool. I also played soccer until the end of high school. However, I never got into the world of FIFA games. “FIFA 18” is the first of the FIFA games I have played, and after “FIFA 18,” I wish that I had started playing them earlier. “FIFA 18” is a great game and a great simulation of the soccer experience.

I bought the Nintendo Switch version, but it is also available for PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox 360 and One and PC. The Nintendo Switch version doesn’t have some of the features of the other versions, such as “The Journey” story mode and other FIFA Ultimate Team modes. Otherwise, it is similar to the others, and it is a portable FIFA game. Playing FIFA on-the-go is awesome, which makes it one of my favorite games on the Nintendo Switch for that reason alone. Being able to play before a class with friends is amazing.

As a person new to the series, I don’t know the intricacies of the movement. Judging by this game, it is a fast and exciting version of soccer. The two parts of “FIFA 18”” that make the game good are the fluid controls and the good-looking graphics.

The way the game controls helps the player get into the game. I feel like I’m controlling the real Lionel Messi when playing the game. It is easy to pass, shoot or dribble your way around defenders. I like this a lot, and it makes it simple for a newcomer of the series to immediately like the game.

The graphics of “FIFA 18” make the game feel very immersive. Playing in famous locales such as Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabeu Stadium is great, and similar to the controls, makes getting into the game very easy. “FIFA 18” doesn’t look as good on the Switch, but I have seen all of the versions, and it is a great-looking game everywhere. The players look like their real-life counterparts, and the stadiums are similar.

“FIFA 18” is a good game, but it’ll take a soccer fan to know that. Someone who enjoys video games but doesn’t enjoy soccer will not enjoy the game as much. If you enjoy soccer, you will probably enjoy “FIFA 18.” Don’t be like me and wait years to get started playing. Get the newest FIFA game.