Frosty the Snowman and Hulk join SICSIC

SICSIC has gained two new members in the forms of the Incredible Hulk and Frosty the Snowman.

For those who don’t know of these secretive mascots, SICSIC is a group of students who wear character masks around campus.         They go to sports events, pep rallies and other University events. No one knows who may be under those masks, but many students enjoy seeing them around campus.

Since joining SICSIC, both Frosty and Hulk have had a few weeks representing the spirit squad of the University.

“It has been the best experience ever! It’s really fun going out there being weird and goofy for all the students,” Frosty the Snowman said.

People have seen how energetic and goofy the members of SICSIC are, and those characteristics are what makes them so popular.

Hulk and Frosty’s goals are to give back to the University. They want to work together with the rest of their group members to make students happy and have a great time in Bowling Green. With the rest of their SICSIC siblings also joining in on the spirit events, they look reach their goal of bringing school spirit to an all-time high on campus.

Both Hulk and Frosty have enjoyed going to many events over the past few weeks. The two have gone to football games and have hyped up the new students at opening weekend. With the freedom to play the character they choose, they use their disguises to get the students pumped up at University events.

So far, both of their favorite places to support the school at are the football games, where the energy and excitement can be high

With it being so early in the sports season, both mentioned wanting to work at basketball and hockey games to experience the differences between the events. The experience will be different in terms of seeing crowd reactions to all that happens in each three of the sports.

Hulk encourages people to join the SICSIC team, “It is fun for anyone to join. It is great to make friends in SICSIC!”

The next time the group is accepting new members, interested students can visit their page on the University website to submit an application. They accept applications once a year.