Vax mandate: BGSU requires full vaccination proof for spring

COVID-19+mask
COVID-19 mask

BGSU will be requiring students, staff and faculty to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

“In preparation for spring semester, BGSU is requiring students, faculty and staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or receive an approved exemption,” University President Rodney Rogers said in an email Thursday. 

Students, faculty and staff must submit their proof of full vaccination no later than Nov. 29.

Exemptions for medical, religious or “reasons of personal conscience” are subject to review by BGSU’s Division of Health and Wellness. Those who are approved must follow protocols for unvaccinated individuals and participate in regular COVID-19 testing.

Students who do not submit their proof of vaccination or do not receive an approved exemption may not be allowed to enroll in face-to-face classes or live in an on-campus residence hall next semester. 

Faculty and staff who do not complete this process may be subject to discipline in accordance with university policy and applicable collective bargaining agreements.

BGSU Chief Health Officer Ben Batey will provide more details on submitting proof of vaccination and applying for exemptions next week.

The pages for the #VaxBGSU incentive program, where students and faculty could access information about submitting their vaccination status for prizes, are unavailable on BGSU’s website at this time.

This story will continue to be updated as more details are provided.