Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Content Any Way U Want It!

Join our team
Join the Falcon Media team for Spring semester - paid staff positions, internships, volunteer opportunities. Applications open now until October 13. Get the details!
  • A Theatrical Rivalry with Love and Despair
    By Jay Grummel If We Were Villains has a way of making the horrifics acts of rivals and the blurry line of morals poetic. At first glance I didn’t think I’d enjoy this book as much as I did, especially with the amount of times it quoted Shakespeare. However, after diving into this dark academic […]
  • Falcon Four: Series for Back-to-School Nostalgia
    By Jay Grummel For some of us going back to classes is dreadful and for others it’s exciting. Personally, I am happy to be back on campus and with some structure, but I am also happily procrastinating  a lot of my responsibilities. To get back into the groove of things, here’s a Falcon Four of […]

How to BG: Where to go for fun, food, and more

Downtown Bowling Green

Bowling Green is packed with things for students to do, free or not. Sometimes a guide helps to start fun, save money or provide a bit of direction.

Groceries

Groceries are a necessity for anyone living anywhere. BG is full of spots to find healthy produce and yummy treats. In Bowling Green there is a Kroger, Meijer and Walmart which all carry a wide selection of groceries. There is also an Aldi and Big Lots which provide cheaper options. The cheapest place to get groceries in BG is Dollar Tree or any other dollar store.

Parks

Going to a park is a fun and free activity that anyone can do. Bowling Green has a handful of parks which all offer a different experience and a glance into nature. Some of the city’s best include; Wintergarden, Simpson Garden Park, Black Swamp Preserve and City Park. Outside of Bowling Green there are many parks in Northwestern Ohio. On the northside of campus, some parks to check out are Maumee Bay State Park, Wildwood Preserve MetroPark and Toledo Botanical Gardens.

Restaurants

Off-campus restaurants is something BG specializes in. Visitbgohio.org provides a full list of restaurants so everyone has something to choose from. If you’re looking for breakfast food, Kermit’s Family Restaurant, Everyday People Cafe are just a few of the delicious spots. North Main Street is packed with restaurants like Easystreet Cafe, Mr. Spots, Beckett’s Burger Bar and Call of the Canyon Cafe — which also serves breakfast. BG is also packed with pizza options like Pisanello’s, Rapid Fired Pizza, Pollyeyes and D.P. Dough.

Shopping

Bowling Green has a variety of shops all throughout the city. There are bigger stores like T.J. Maxx and Five Below, but there are also plenty of local shops to pick from. A few include; For Keeps Gifts, Eden Fashion Boutique, Ben’s Crafts and Mode Elle Boutique. The list of BG shopping spots go on, and anyone can find a spot to spend money at.

Coffee

If you’re a coffee fanatic, there is nothing to worry about because BG has plenty of options. There are many local coffee spots that students can go to get something to drink or to find a spot to do homework: Juniper Brewing Company, Grounds for Thought, Flatlands Coffee. There are also larger scale coffee shops like Starbucks, Dunkin and Biggby Coffee.

Sweet spots

If you have a sweet tooth, BG has plenty of places to find a treat. Insomnia Cookies and The Cookie Jar are two spots where you can get warm cookies in the area. If you prefer a cold dessert, there is no lack of spots. Some include; Sundae Station, Eric’s Ice Cream Factory, BG’s Frosty Fare, Lola’s and Dairy Queen.

Nightlife

BG has an abundance of nighttime activities. Some local bars offer karaoke nights and trivia nights, while others you can dance the night away with friends. Al-Mar Lanes also offers a “kosmic” bowling experience for a fun night out with friends.