County Park District announces monthly dog events

Dog wearing a costume.

The Wood County Park District announced monthly dog-related events beginning with a costume parade on Friday, June 28.

As part of its Dog Days of Summer program, the district will partner with the Wood County Dog Shelter on the parade which will run 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Sawyer Quarry Nature Preserve in Perrysburg. A news release from the park district states dog owners can lead your dog around the trail to encounter treat stations and photo opportunities. There will be additional activities and the “parade” will begin at 7 p.m. near the parking lot.

To participate in any of the Dog Days of Summer events, dogs must be licensed, leashed, current on vaccines, and prove to be well-tempered around other dogs.

Other events include Bark-mas in July on Friday, July 26 at William Henry Harrison Park in Pemberville and Puppy Pool Party on Friday, August 30 at the Wood County Dog Shelter Dog Park at 1912 W. Gypsy Lane Road in Bowling Green.

Wood County Park District parks are open daily from 8 am until 30 minutes past sunset. More information is available online.