A powerful film about the freedom of speech

”The Post,” Steven Spielberg’s newest film, finally released to the public on Friday after the press was able to view the movie a few weeks ago, is an outstanding film.

The performances by Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep are definitely Oscar-worthy, and Bob Odenkirk, unsurprisingly, was also good. The plot is based on the true story about the Pentagon Papers incident, and the message of the movie is as important now as it was when the actual Pentagon Papers happened. The directing, costume design and set design were great. The movie did well at making the viewer feel like they were going back in time and watching the events unfold.

The cast of the movie is the best part. Not a single part was skimped on in terms of finding top talent. The standouts of the movie are Hanks and Streep. They played their roles perfectly, and I loved watching them every time they were on screen. Their relationship in the movie is one of respect. Hanks’ character comes to realize what Streep’s has at stake in the fight to print the story. Odenkirk’s performance was also great, and I felt that other than Hanks and Streep, his performance was the best in the movie. The whole cast was marvelous though, and it was obvious Spielberg tried his best to find the best person for each part.

The message of the movie is that the press is integral to the way society operates. The public needs to know what is happening in the world, at least a basic understanding, and that is the job of the journalist. The journalist is supposed to tell the people the news, and “The Post” is about that struggle for journalists to tell news the government doesn’t want the public to know. This message is also something that is being discussed right now, in 2018 with the “fake news” argument by President Donald Trump. Journalists need to tell the facts, even if the President or anyone else, doesn’t like it. I loved the message of the movie, and felt that it was put in a great position by when it was released.

Because of how beautiful every scene was crafted, the movie brought the viewers in, and never let them go. It is surprising how engrossing the movie is, despite not having any “action.” I was never bored during the movie, and was waiting on the edge of my seat to see the next great scene, and it was because of how amazingly crafted everything is. It is easy to tell a lot of work was put into every facet of the design for the movie, and they make the movie that much better because of it.

“The Post” is one of the best movies released in 2017. I loved all of the performances by the actors and actresses in the movie, and they were complimented very well by the amazing design of everything else around the film. The message of the movie was clear at the beginning; it is important for the public to know what is happening in the world, and that is important in the world right now. This movie showed the importance of telling the news, even when journalists might be severely punished for doing so. It is a powerful movie of a time when the press were under fire for publishing news the government didn’t want. In today’s media climate, there is a warning and lesson to be learned from this film.