Reproductive Freedom Event happening Thursday

Emily Dimick | Reporter

The Bowling Green State University College Democrats, Feminist Organization Rallying for Gender Equity and BG Persists will meet on Thursday, Sept. 29 at 5:30 p.m. in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union to address the confusion behind Roe v. Wade being overturned. 

When Roe v. Wade was overturned, it left many Ohioans wondering what is and isn’t legal, in regards to reproductive rights. The senior organizer at ProChoice Ohio Hannah Servedio will talk about the new restrictions on abortion in the state and options that are available for women seeking abortions. 

Bowling Green Councilperson Nick Rubando will attend the meeting, to inform attendees about the ways they can protect their reproductive rights. Tables with resources including handouts, informational pamphlets and more will be available for those attending.

After the meeting, attendees and anyone else who would like to join, are welcome to march through campus. Supplies will be available for people to make signs about the new restrictions on reproductive rights.