How to get going on the housing hunt

Off-campus rental properties in Bowling Green, Ohio

With a population of under 30,000 people, according to the 2022 U.S. Census, Bowling Green, Ohio has a housing market designed for students attending BGSU.

A person looking for off-campus housing at BGSU can find a variety of options available throughout the city. 

According to The American Psychological Association, more than one-third of college students in the U.S. lack stability in housing and having enough to eat. With this in mind, students interested in off-campus housing for the following school year can get a head-start on the competition by beginning their search early.

Below is a guide to some of the student-housing and rental agencies in the Bowling Green area for students to begin their housing hunt.

Greenbriar Rentals is a real estate management company that oversees many properties near the BGSU campus. Information on their rentals can be found at greenbriarrentals.com and their open listing for the following school year typically begins at the end of October.

Mecca Management is another real estate management company overseeing various properties and their website, meccabg.com, has a vacancy search feature for potential renters.

The Edge Student Living is an apartment complex on Napoleon Road with four bedroom apartments. Potential renters can fill the apartment with known roommates or move in with assigned roommates. Leases are signed individually by the renters.

University Village and University Court are student living apartment complexes on Clough Street. Potential renters can choose from one or two bedroom apartments.

BG Rentals provides information on available rental properties throughout Bowling Green, Ohio. Their database of properties gives potential renters an easy-to-use platform to begin their search. The website also features search filters to narrow down the listing based on rent price, size, location and more.

The hunt for housing can be difficult but students looking for a potential property next school year can ease the challenges by exploring a wide-range of options as early as possible.