Sesame Street’s “Maria” Sonia Manzano set to visit Wood County Library

Characters perform during the Sesame Street/USO Experience for Military Families show, June 16, 2015, at Aviano Air Base, Italy. The show focused on the military child’s transition to civilian life or to a new base called “Katie’s Family Transitions to Civilian Life” and “Katie is Moving to a New Base.” The show is scheduled to perform more than 100 shows at 45 military bases in nine countries. (U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Areca T. Wilson/Released)

BOWLING GREEN, Ohio – American actress and author Sonia Manzano, most known for her role of playing Maria on Sesame Street will be hosting a free event at the Wood County Library this October.

The event is set for Thursday, Oct. 12th at 7 p.m. and registration is required.

Manzano taught and inspired families for over 40 years as Maria on Sesame Street. Manzano is also a first-generation Puerto Rican who was born on the mainland, and is said to be one of the most influential Latinas on television.

This event will contain a presentation, Q&A as well as a book signing by Manzano. Tickets for this event can be acquired by calling (419) 352-5050 or by visiting wcdpl.org/sonia-manzano.