BGSU baseball player arrested for OVI during holiday weekend, police say

No other individuals were in the vehicle
Keira Ellenberger

A Bowling Green State University baseball player was arrested for operating a vehicle while impaired with a blood-alcohol level at .121 early Sunday morning, according to a BGPD report.

David Silva is a senior infielder on the BGSU baseball team, according to the BGSU Athletics website.

At approximately 2:33 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 14, Silva was found by a responding BGPD officer on the right side of the road in the 100 block of Manville Avenue inside a silver Jeep with hazard lights on.

According to the report, Silva was observed with “bloodshot and watery eyes”, and stated that his “movements were slow”.

When asked where he was coming from, Silva told the reporting officer that “he was coming from a friend’s house.” After being asked if he had drank any alcohol at his friend’s house, Silva stated “no, I have not had any.”

After being administered multiple sobriety tests following questioning inside the car, Silva was arrested and taken to the police station, where his blood alcohol level was registered at 0.121, according to the report.

Silva was formally charged with operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol (OVI).

No other individuals were in the car at the time of the arrest.

Falcon Media has reached out to the university for comment and will continue to provide updates on developing details.