Worried about the rest of the semester? Join Pump Up With PAWS

Photo by BGSU PAWS Team.
Photo by BGSU PAWS Team.

As BGSU’s spring break winds down and Falcons prepare for the rest of the spring semester, it’s a good idea to start off strong.

If you are stressed about the remainder of the semester, you can take some time on Monday, March 11 with the BGSU PAWS Team at Pump Up With PAWS. The team is made up of community and campus volunteers with certified therapy dogs.

PAWS, which stands for Partners in Achieving Wellness for Students, staff and faculty are certified through the Alliance of Therapy Dogs and are friendly, patient, gentle and at ease in all situations.

The event will take place from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Student Rec Center.

If you’re unsure about getting pumped up with the dogs, there are several positive impacts to animal therapy. These effects include:

• Reduced stress
  • Reduced anxiety
  • Decreased feelings of loneliness
  • Decreased cardiovascular disease
  • Increased feeling of safety and physical exercise.

The PAWS team is hosting additional events through the rest of the semester including study hours and visits with the animal team.

The group has 18 certified therapy dogs on its team and includes a wide range of breeds.

For more information about the dogs on the team or to get involved, visit the PAWS website.