Bowling Green baseball’s Jack Krause named MAC Player of the Week  

Sunday%2C+Game+1%3A+Jack+Krause+about+to+make+a+catch+in+outfield.+
Drake Harlett, FMSN
Sunday, Game 1: Jack Krause about to make a catch in outfield.

The awards keep rolling along for the Bowling Green baseball team (8-8, 6-0 MAC), with senior outfielder Jack Krause named Mid-American Conference (MAC) Player of the Week on Monday afternoon, his first career honor.   

This marks the second straight week a BGSU player has received the award, with senior infielder Tyler Ross recognized last week 

Overall, Krause is the fourth Falcon to receive an award this season, with sophomore pitcher and outfielder DJ Newman and junior pitcher Nic Good being named MAC Pitcher of the Week on Feb. 26 and March 11, respectively.  

The Brighton, Michigan, native was dominant at the plate for the Falcons this past week, leading the charge that resulted in 58 runs scored over four games, including a program record 34 in a MAC game on Saturday against Ball State 

Over the four games last week, Krause batted .588 (10-17), drove in nine runs, scored nine times, hit two doubles, launched two home runs and stole two bases.  

In Saturday’s record-setting 34-8 victory over the Cardinals, Krause went 5-7 at the plate, driving in four runs and scoring five times. He ended the week hot, going 3-5 at the plate, hitting two home runs, driving in three runs and scoring three times in Sunday’s 15-8 win over Ball State 

Krause, currently on a five-game hitting streak, ranks third in the MAC with a .514 on-base percentage, sixth with a .370 batting average and 20 runs scored and ninth with a 1.088 on-base plus slugging percentage.  

Next, Krause and the Falcons will stay on the road to battle Youngstown State on Tuesday at 5 p.m. before returning to Bowling Green for their three-game home opener series against Akron at Steller Field from Friday to Sunday.