Bowling Green baseball’s Tyler Ross and Nic Good earn weekly awards

Drake Harlett and Keira Ellenberger
Tyler Ross (top) and Nic Good (bottom)

Bowling Green baseball (5-7, 3-0 MAC) senior infielder Tyler Ross and junior pitcher Nic Good were awarded weekly honors on Monday afternoon.  

Ross was named Mid-American Conference (MAC) Player of the Week, while Good was named MAC Pitcher of the Week.   

The two nods pushed BG’s weekly awards total to three this season after sophomore pitcher and outfielder DJ Newman was named MAC Pitcher of the Week on Feb. 26 

Ross was dominant at the plate in BGSU’s first sweep of Miami (OH) in Oxford since 1995 this past weekend 

Over the three games, he led the Falcons with a .571 batting average, a .556 on-base percentage and a .929 OPS. Ross also led the team with 10 runs batted in, eight hits and three doubles.  

In the MAC opener on Friday, Ross went 5-5 at the plate, hitting two doubles, scoring three times and driving in six runs.  

The Lewis Center, Ohio, native’s .341 batting average this season ranks 10th in the MAC.  

Good was also dominant on the mound against the RedHawks.  

The left-hander started for the Falcons on Saturday, earning his first win of the season.  

The Grosse Pointe, Michigan, native allowed just one hit, an infield single to the first batter he faced, in seven innings. He also allowed just one run and walked two batters while striking out seven.  

Next, the Orange and Brown will play their first midweek game of the season against Dayton on Wednesday at 3 p.m.   

After that, the Falcons will resume conference play with a three-game series against Ball State from Friday to Sunday in Muncie, Indiana.