Bowling Green’s Tyler Ross earns second MAC Player of the Week honor

Drake Harlett
Bowling Green, OH – Falcons Senior Infielder Tyler Ross (18) just about to hit the ball as it comes to his bat at Stellar Field in Bowling Green, Ohio

Bowling Green baseball senior infielder Tyler Ross was named Mid-American Conference (MAC) Co-Player of the Week on Monday morning. 

The nod marks Ross’ second honor this season after he was named MAC Player of the Week on Mar. 11.  

The Falcons have now had a player earn a weekly award in three straight weeks, with Jack Krause receiving MAC Player of the Week on Mar. 18.  

Ross dominated in BG’s home-opening sweep against Akron this past weekend, which pushed the Falcons to 9-0 in conference play, their best start in MAC play in program history. 

In the three games against the Zips, Ross batted .455 (5-11) with a 1.273 slugging percentage.   

The Lewis Center, Ohio, native tallied two doubles, two triples and a home run over the weekend, driving in four runs and scoring four times.  

The second baseman’s best performance of the weekend came in BG’s 11-6 win against the Zips on Saturday, when he went 3-4 at the plate, hitting a double and two triples. Ross tied the program record for triples in a game and became just the 10th Falcon to hit multiple triples in a contest.  

Then, on Sunday, Ross blasted a go-ahead three-run home run in BGSU’s 15-5 victory against the Zips on Sunday. 

This season, Ross leads the MAC with three triples, ranking second with a .761 slugging percentage, third with a 1.212 on-base plus slugging percentage, fifth with two sacrifice flies, eighth with a .358 batting average and six doubles.  

Next, Ross and the rest of the Orange and Brown will travel to South Bend, Indiana, to battle Notre Dame on Tuesday. First pitch against the Fighting Irish is scheduled for 4:30 p.m.