Stretch of Poe Road closes June 10

Road+closed
Shonda Ranson
Road closed

Water line work will close Poe Road between Brim Road and Village Drive beginning June 10.

According to a city news release, the road closure will allow the connection of a new line to the existing water main as part of the Village Subdivision Waterline Improvements Project. Poe Road is expected to be closed for two weeks and access to and from driveways for residents will be maintained.

The Village Subdivision Waterline Improvements Project includes waterline replacement on Standish, Revere, Hamilton Ct., Jefferson, Fort, Village, and Boone Ct. and includes new water mains, water service lines to the curb stop, valves, and hydrants. Once the waterline portion of the project is complete, new curbs and catch basins will be installed, with full-width street paving to follow.

As the project continues, additional lane restrictions and road closures throughout the Village subdivision can be expected. The project is scheduled to be completed by November 30 of this year.

Updates and progress on this project and others can be followed on the city’s Capital Projects Map.