Importance of Parking Services

Staff photo
Bowling Green State University Parking Services employees Michael O’Halloran and Aileen Berry.

There are a handful of things to take into accountability while working for Parking Services.

At the front desk, tasks could vary from selling a permit, paying citations, answering phone calls and questions at the front desk. Parking Services employee Aileen Berry said, “My role is pretty simple, I don’t have similar tasks out in the field.”

Being responsible for parking and transportation is a huge deal while on campus. Michael O’Halloran said, “Working in the field that nobody really likes isn’t very helpful when trying to solve issues.”

Once at a total of 5 warnings, the owner could get their car booted. It is not a fun thing to do, especially when faced with an unhappy person.

Shuttle bus transportation is helpful for students around campus and it is even accessible for the community. It drives all the way through the university, to Meijer, and downtown as well. Aileen Berry summarized it including that the Shuttle Bus is helpful for students as well as the community.