University to host job fair

For sophomore Amber Dudley, deciding to volunteer at the Summer Job Fair has encouraged her to become more involved in more ways than she planned.

Dudley joined your Fellow Falcon this past fall, allowing her to put smiles on students’ faces as well as getting involved with more organization events such as this year’s Summer Job Fair.

The 12th annual Summer Job Fair is Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Union ballroom.

The organizations attending were invited by University Student Employment. Employers coming from Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Washington are in search of students who want or need jobs.

Peg Bucksky, job location and development coordinator for student employment, directs students to the right path in their search to find part-time and full-time seasonal jobs and internships for students.

Students should bring their resumes and Bucksky said they should have their ID ready at the door while business casual attire is also recommended.

The organizations will be providing a wide range of opportunities for all majors.

“When I was asked to help volunteer for the Summer Job Fair, I was excited to encourage students to come and sign up to help,” Dudley said. “This is a great opportunity to meet employers and network.”

Out of the 57 organizations Bucksky said are coming this year, she is thrilled to have a majority returning as well as 15 new organizations attending.

“All jobs, part time, full time, seasonal and internships, are posted in WorkNet, our online job database that we share with the Career Center,” Bucksky said.

Students are able to access WorkNet at bgsu.edu/stuemp and log in with their username and password to view an up-to-date list of organizations and complete job descriptions, Bucksky said.

“It is important that students keep their WorkNet account updated,” Bucksky said. “It will show them what [the employers] are looking for — if they are looking for part time or full time jobs, seasonal or internships.”

Junior Amanda Mesko said she is looking forward to stopping by and see what is available.

“I think it would be helpful to see who is there and what jobs I could potentially get,” Mesko said.

Employers are coming here looking to hire University students, Bucksky said.

“We are encouraging to use WorkNet to see what jobs are available for students,” Bucksky said. “This is a great opportunity for students to get a head start on your summer job or internship search.”