Bowling Green Human Relations Commission supports inclusion

We, the undersigned, are members of the City of Bowling Green Human Relations Commission.

This Commission currently consists of eleven community members, including representatives from Bowling Green State University and Bowling Green High School. The Bowling Green Human Relations Commission supports a welcoming, inclusive, socially just and equitable community.

Our support has been demonstrated in the community in the following ways:

• Planning and implementing the City of Bowling Green 24th Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Tribute, on Friday, January 18, 2013;

• Recognizing community members with the annual Drum Major for Peace Award and the quarterly Honor Roll Award for significant efforts that further human relations and promote respect for diversity;

• Supporting local events such as Cinco de Mayo and Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival.

In view of recent developments in our community that conflict with federal law and the goals of the Commission, we believe it is important to reaffirm the City’s commitment to social justice, equity, and inclusion as we embrace and celebrate the diversity of the City of Bowling Green’s residents, students and visitors.

Roger Grant

Gary Keller

Lt. Dan Mancuso

Emily Monago

Margaret Montague

Gloria Enriquez Pizana

Marcy St. John

Declan Wicks

James Wilson

Rev. Mary Jane Saunders, Vice Chair

Barbara Keller, Chair