BGSU Health Advisory Board hosts panels for students to provide input for the Falcon Health Center

Student input on the new Falcon Health Center is exactly what Richard Sipp encourages at the Health Service Committee.

“There are multiple ways to receive this input, and that is exactly what we strive for at these panels,” Sipp, associate vice president of Student Affairs said.

The Health Advisory Board hosts panels three to four times a year for students to participate in and voice what they want to see at the health center. The panel consists of two or three representatives from the Undergraduate Student Government and Graduate Student Senate.

“We also visit ex-officio to get other leaders’ input,” Sipp said.

Sipp said they attend USG and GSS meetings as well in order to work with them directly.

Senior Byron Graves said he thinks this is a great way to get people involved.

“It’s nice to tell faculty and staff what the students want,” Graves said.

He thinks students should attend if they want their voices heard.

“People complain all the time but don’t put their words into actions, so this would be a great way for them to do that,” he said.

Deb Busdeker, director of operations, said these panels are opportunities to not only share thoughts, but also network and meet more students.

“It is such a great way to connect, ask specific questions and putting a name and face together is always nice,” Busdeker said. “We try to come up with more opportunities to get more attendance because it’s a great way to share other thoughts on how the community and University connect.”

Another reason Busdeker likes these meetings is because “we learn about other things that are going on with students.”

One issue that has been brought up from students at the past meeting was being able to use a BG1 card at the health center.

It is still in the process, but students will be able to use their BG1 cards at the health center in early November, Sipp said.

“This has come up a few times at meetings, so we are working on making it happen,” he added.

Anyone is welcome to attend these meetings, which are advertised through campus update or you may email Sipp at [email protected] for more information.

“We are always looking for more input,” Sipp said.

The next meeting is in late October on the second floor of the Falcon Health Center.