Pita Pit to give away free pitas to BGSU students, faculty

Pita Pit will be hosting its first “Free Pita Frenzy” Tuesday, Sept. 17 from 10:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. where they will be allowing students, faculty and staff members free pitas when they present their University ID.

Although students may be hung up on the fact that they will get free food, the store is encouraging a $1 donation to raise money and awareness for the No Kid Hungry fund.

“We had our first Free Pita Frenzy at our University of Toledo location last Tuesday and raised $650, which was awesome,” said Steve Gesicki, director of store operation and co-owner. “We hope to raise at least $750 at Bowling Green’s location.”

Not only will students receive free food, but when they donate money to the fund, they will receive a dollar off coupon for their next visit.

“It isn’t required to donate money, but we highly encourage the notion,” Gesicki said.

Pita Pit also wants to give back to the community by providing free pitas to those who support them.

“We love the support given from everyone in the community, so we want to give back by giving them free pitas,” Gesicki said.

Customers are able to get any pita for free, but have to pay extra for chips and a drink if they want to make it a meal.

Although this is the first frenzy for BG’s location, this won’t be its last.

“We are going to make this an annual event,” Gesicki said. “We want to keep the UT-BG rival alive, so this will help with that.”