University professor sentenced for DUI

A professor in the department of architecture and environmental design was sentenced earlier this week for his drunk driving incident in September.

Stanley Guidera was sentenced Tuesday to one week in jail with a year of probation after pleading no contest to one count of driving under the influence, another count of failing to stop at the scene of an accident and two counts of disorderly conduct, according to case information available from the Toledo Municipal Court.

Guidera, who was put on paid leave in Nov. 2012, returned Monday.

The University has not yet decided what actions will be taken as a result of Guidera’s sentencing, said Dave Kielmeyer, University spokesperson.

Guidera was also the chair of the department of architecture and environmental design, but was forced out of his position as a result of his incident. On Nov. 8, 2012, Faris Malhas issued Guidera the letter stripping him of his title, stating “a leadership position in the College is incompatible with those events.”

The University has not yet decided whether it will terminate Guidera as a result of his actions and sentencing.