Know before you go: February inspections

5 restaurants and food providers with LEAST violations in February

Kermit’s Restaurant, 307 S. Main St.

Reverend’s Bar & Grill, 130 E. Wooster St.

Ginza, 109 S. Main St.

Easystreet Cafe and Grumpy Dave’s Bar, 104 S. Main St.

Blackfin, Inc., 1616 E. Wooster St.

Editor’s Note: Know Before You Go is a monthly series The BG News publishes with data from health inspection reports for city restaurants and food providers. The chart below lists the five restaurants with the most violations during health inspection. It lists the name, address, inspection type, number of violations and the inspectors comments in the report.

The inspection type varies from standard to follow-up to complaint. A restaurant receives a standard inspection roughly two times a year. If something is wrong, they will receive a critical or non-critical violation. A critical violation pertains to issues that aren’t safe practices, such as improper food temperatures or improper storage of poisonous chemicals. A non-critical violation pertains to matters such as cleanliness of kitchen or poor conditions of equipment.

After an inspector finds violations, they are usually corrected on the spot or a follow-up will be conducted a few days or weeks later depending on the violation.

If a business repeats critical violations, it meets with the health district to correct the problem. If it still repeats the violation, it could eventually lose its food license.

At the beginning of each month, look for graphs which list the three restaurants with no violations and the three with the most violations for the previous month.

*The information in today’s graph is for the month of February and provided by the Wood County Health District.

*Explanation taken from past interviews with the Wood County Health District.