A Taste of Amish Deli to offer delivery for customers

A Taste of Amish Deli, located in downtown Bowling Green, will be offering delivery for customers soon.

Delivery testing is starting soon for the products with the close local businesses and, if it goes well, owner Lori Hanway said she plans on delivering permanently.

“I don’t know why Little Miss Cupcakes didn’t last long, but our customer service is excellent,” Hanway said.

Shift Manager Jaccob Snow at the deli has worked in food related restaurants for three years and said that Hanway is the best boss he’s ever had.

“If you’re willing to work, Lori will work with you,” said Snow.

A Taste of Amish Deli has been open for a little over a year and business is going great, Hanway said.

“Amish food is a unique product,” said Hanway. “We have a large variety of meats and cheese, Amish salads, jams, pickles and much more.”

Hanway said that she is seeing a profit and an increase in traffic than where she has had her store in the past.

Snow believes that business is so good because they have customers that come everyday, and even when college kids go home, they still have a customer base.

One of her loyal customers, Senior Corey Jones said that he goes there every Saturday because it reminds him of home.

“I love the quality of customer service,” Jones said. “It’s very personal.”

Along with their homemade foods, there are also discounted offers for college students.

Jones’ favorite thing on the menu is the Reuben with turkey and corned beef with a side of soup, he said.

“I would definitely encourage people to come,” said Jones. “I don’t think many people know about this place.”

Every Monday customers get 10 percent off their purchase with a student ID and people have the opportunity to get a free drink every day with a full sandwich basket purchase with their student ID.

Choosing a favorite thing on the menu is hard for Snow because he said he likes everything on it.

Not only are there unique Amish foods, but also traditional deli sandwiches and hand-dipped ice cream.

There is a menu through the Deli’s website showing all types of foods that are offered.

The store is open Monday through Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Thursday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

It is located just east of Bowling Green’s four corners, by Insomnia Cookies.

“We have the best food in town,” Snow said. “Come in.”