University to graduate roughly 2,200 students

The University will give a total of 2,260 diplomas during commencement on Friday and Saturday.

This will include 393 degrees from the Graduate College, including 315 master’s degrees and 22 doctoral degrees, according to a University press release. Among the 1,867 undergraduate candidates, 121 will receive associate degrees and 551 will graduate with honors.

The number of graduates this year is expected to be 2,260 compared to last year’s 1,986 graduates. A more complete number of graduates is listed below.

Senior Communications Director David Kielmeyer said the University is extremely pleased with the increase in numbers.

“This is what it’s all about,” he said. “We are pleased to welcome 2,260 graduates into the alumni association.”

During each commencement, there will be different influential figures speaking.

Entrepreneur Laurence Benz, who is the founder and President/CEO of PT Development LLC will be speaking, according to the press release.

Bonnie Blankinship, communications manger, said the University brings speakers because they give perspective to the students.

“They usually have a lot life experience,” she said. “They can be good role models and have a lot of wisdom to share.”

Other speakers include Brenda Hollis, a 1968 graduate who spent two years with the Peace Corps in West Africa and Jacien Steele, a senior lead tax partner in Deloitte’s Dusiness Tax Services Group.