Businesses featured at vendor showcase

On Nov. 19 faculty, staff and students gathered in the University Ballroom for a vendor showcase.

The vendor showcase is an event where companies bring supplies, set up tables and talk directly with their clients, who are the faculty, staff and students at the University.

UltraSound Special Events, an entertainment services company that provides chairs and tables for events as well as attractions like inflatable obstacle courses, was at the showcase

Sean O’Brien, the operations manager for UltraSound, said that one of their most popular services is archery tag. He described this as a game combination of laser tag and dodgeball.

“With the popularity of the Hunger Games, who doesn’t want to shoot a bow and arrow?” O’Brien said.

UltraSound provides services for University Activites Organization, Campus Fest and Sibs N Kids Weekend. O’Brien said the company also typically works with the Wellness Connection to provide games for their late night events.

Another company at the vendor showcase was AG PrintPromo Solutions, a company that makes promotional products, apparel and printed materials. An example of the work would be pens that the University gives out with the logo on the side.

The company’s table had different clothing samples and a large board of sample items that they have printed on before, including USB drives and frisbees.

Anup Gupta, the founder of AG PrintPromo Solutions, said they provide so many products because it’s up to what the customer wants.

At the booth, Gupta had some clothes that had most recently been ordered by organizations at the University. One shirt was an orange shirt for the BGSU swim team and he also had a shirt and sweat pants combination from the marching band’s order.

Gupta said that if student organizations or departments need to order from his company, they are able to use Falcon Perch. Gupta said Falcon Perch is a purchasing system the University uses so that customers from the University are able to get into contact with “preferred employers.”

Melissa Weiss is an account manager for Grainger Industrial Supply, which is a maintenance, repair and operational supplies company that had a booth as well. This company supplies a variety of things such as tools, toilet papers and cleaning supplies.

Weiss said that some of the newest initiatives that the company has been trying to provide products for is student and worker safety.

“I think we’re quite ahead of the curve when it comes to [safety],” Weiss said.