Falcon running back William Houston suspended for two years by University

Falcon running back William Houston, 19, of Mansfield, Ohio was suspended by the University for two years following an investigation and hearing under the University’s code of student conduct.

Houston was placed on interim suspension on July 21, following an off-campus incident on July 20, where he was arrested for attempted rape.

The University has found Houston responsible for “sexual contact without permission,” according to an email sent by the University.

UPDATE 12:38 P.M. WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 2:

Bowling Green running back William Houston, 19, of Mansfield, Ohio has been suspended for two years by the University following an investigation and hearing under the University’s code of student conduct. 

He was arrested July 20, for attempted rape at an off-campus residence. He was then placed on interim suspension by the University on July 21. 

Houston was then indicted on Aug. 6 for the attempted rape charge, but the criminal case is seperate from the University’s code of conduct case. 

The Student Handbook states that the suspension seperates the student from the University for a defined period of time, after which the student may return. A permanent notation will be added to one’s transcript as well. 

Houston ran for 211 yards on 49 carries and a team-high seven touchdowns this past season for the Falcons. The athletic department has no comment on the situation other than what was released by the University.