Bleacher Creatures to host ‘Warrior Week’ spirit week

If students are excited about the SICSIC unmasking this Saturday at the hockey game, they aren’t the only ones.

The Bleacher Creatures are hosting a spirit week called “Warrior Week” today through Saturday with different activities going on to get students pumped for the unmasking.

“The general idea is that we just want to raise as much BG spirit as possible going into the unmasking of SICSIC,” said Jared Dettrow, a member of Bleacher Creatures.

Bleacher Creatures paired up with University Activity Organization and the Student Legacy Campaign to put the week together.

“We are very grateful for all of their help,” Dettrow said.

Throughout the week, there will be multiple events students can participate in to show support for the University and the spirit teams on campus, such as SICSIC and Freddie and Frieda.

“We want to give our time and energy to promote BG spirit and tell everyone about the unmasking,” Dettrow said. “And to get as many people there and thank SICSIC and the people behind the masks for all they have done during their time here.”

The unmasking will be this Saturday at the hockey game at the ice arena starting at 7 p.m. It will be during one of two of the intermission periods.

“Honestly, I’m excited to see who is under the masks,” Dettrow said. “We’ve built relationships with these masks and to get to thank them in person for everything they have done will be cool.”

Events throughout the week are from 12 to 3 p.m.:

Monday— Photo booth in Union.

Tuesday— Traditions Tuesday where stories will be told on Facebook about traditions of Freddie and Frieda and SICSIC.

Wednesday— Giant signs will be in the Union that say “I am a Warrior!” Students will be able to take pictures with the sign.

Thursday— Thankful Thursday, in the Union cards will be available for students to write thank you notes to SICSIC. During the unmasking on Saturday, they will be handed these thank you notes personally.

Friday— Teddy bear toss at hockey game Friday night for Dance Marathon appreciation. Teddy bears will be donated to the Toledo hospital.

Saturday— SICSIC unmasking. Before hockey game, a conga line called the “Snake Dance” will be going around the University anyone can join in. A map will be released later of route. Everyone will conga–line to ice arena together.